The following forms are required for a full application. Please complete all of the following forms and email the forms to email@example.com
Cal-ESAR Application Forms
- Medical Consent (Download and fill out fields, print and sign)
- Medical Record form this is due within 30 days of your application. This form must be filled out by your physician, so schedule your appointment soon.
- Adult Application (Cal-ESAR is part of the BSA Explorer program and adults need to submit a application)
- This is an editable PDF form. If this form opens in your browser, download to your computer and open by clicking on file name. Substitute the following directions for the ones on page 1 of the PDF.
- Fill out all the boxes on page 2-3
- The background check (page 2) is essential. Please complete this page.
- All the spots on the right of page 3 are required:
- three references,
- previous residence,
- any scouting background,
- "Save" the file with your changes
- Print pages 2 and 3
- Sign in correct spot
- Scan page 2 & 3 and "Save As" a PDF with file name format: " last name.first name.youth" (e.g. doe.john.adult)
- (If you can't scan you can use your cellphone to create a legible photograph)
BSA Youth Protection training - (This training is mandatory for members 18 years or older)
- Use the
"Create an Account" button on the right
- create a Account
the Nav bar on left side go to the "Training" section
- click "E-Learning" (Note: search carefully for this exact string since there is a non-clickable "elearning" and a non-clickable "E-Learning" on the page as well).
- Scroll down a bit until you see "Youth Protection Training"
- Click the link for "Take Course"
you finish, print the certificate of completion as a PDF
- name it "Last
Name, First Name.ypt" (e.g. "doe.john.ypt")
Youth application (20 years or younger)
Parental Consent (Download and fill out fields, print and sign)Medical Consent (Download and fill out fields, print and sign)Medical Record form this is due within 30 days of your application. This form must be filled out by your physician, so schedule your appointment soon
- If this form opens in your browser, download to your computer and open by clicking on file name.
- Print this form, fill out page 2 and sign.
- Scan page 2 and "Save As" a PDF. ( If you printer isn't also a scanner you can use your cellphone to create a legible photograph)
- Name the PDF (or photo) with file name format: " last name.first name.youth" (e.g. doe.john.youth).
Note to *current* members of a BSA troop - Paid
members of another Boy Scout troop, please write " Registered member -
XXXX Council, Troop ###" ID # - XXXXXX" at the top of your BSA form.
- Please complete all of the following forms and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.If you can't scan your paperwork and use your cellphone to make a photo of your documents please make sure your image is legible before emailing. Thank you!
- The training fee for 2015-16 is $250. Provide you name in box below and click "Add to Cart" button.
- Included in this payment is $50 for your uniform pants. These are great outdoor pants and are required for training weekends.
- $200 covers all costs for six training weekends: Outdoor skills (dinner, tarps & stakes), Intro Nav, SAR skills, Tech skills, Advanced Nav, Skills Eval.
- First Aid instruction is not included in training fee. If you already have a current Basic First Aid/CPR cert you do not need to attend this class.
- Training fee payment is due October 3rd. (Before start of Outdoor skills weekend, Oct 10-11)
- After we receive your paperwork and payment you will receive a email with your Cal-ESAR email address and instructions to provide some sign up info including uniform pant and shirt sizes.
In the "New Member Name" box below, enter your preferred first name (ex: Bob instead of Robert) and last name. This will be used for your unit email address: Firstname.email@example.com